Sorry for my lack of posts this week, i.ve worked on the paintings for my next groupshow in Belgium this week end. I worked also on commissions. However, i’m back for the music wednesday.
This will be a only girls playlist, solo or bands.
1) first is of course the queen of goth Siouxie Sioux. She was and she is a model for so much baby bats around the world.
2) Diamanda Galas is very impressive. Her way to sing is really amazing, it’s like listening a witch talking with other dimensions. It could be hard to appreciate a first attempt.
3) Lydia Lunch is a multi tasks artist. She’s writer, poet, singer. I consider her as post punk. She also a true feminist activist. Her texts can be crude and rude.
4) lene Lovich is one of my favorite. I love her voice and she has a fashion sense which is really my taste mixing folk, punk, goth clothes. She did some featurings with Nina Hagen, but also with Dresden Dolls for example.
5) if i mention Lene Lovich, i must of course mention Nina Hagen. She impressed me a lot when i was a kid. I remebered forever the first time i saw her in a tv show mid 80s. I just thinked ” wow i want to be her later”
6) Anna-Varney Cantodea ( Sopor aeternus) is a mystery. Her songs are beautiful and her esthetic too. She is one of the pillar of goth culture.
7) Dinah Cancer is one of the death rock queen. She was, with her band 45 grave a pioneer.
8) Gitane DeMone was formerly in Christian Death before being on her solo projects. I love her voice and even without Christian Death her music is good.
9)Patricia Morrisson was in several bands but especially in Sisters of Mercy and The Damned. She was the bassist before work on solo projects.
10) Eva O is another ex Christian Death member and was married to Rozz Williams. She has the surname of queen of darkness.
I will try to update my blog a little bit more often. Feel free to discover more those female singers who made the goth culture.